Want to cancel HBO on Amazon Prime Video? Check out this article for how to cancel HBO and other channels on Amazon Prime Video.
Amazon Prime Video continues to be the most popular video streaming service. Amazon Prime Video has more than 26,000 movies and 2,700 TV shows that you can watch. Besides that, we can also subscribe to some video channels such as HBO on Amazon Prime.
However, there are occasions when we might want to unsubscribe from the channel. In this article, we will show you how to cancel HBO on Amazon.
Section 1: Why Cancel HBO on Amazon?
There are some occasions why you would want to cancel HBO on Amazon Prime, such as:
- The subscription fee is too expensive.
- The channel does not excite you anymore.
- You cannot download the shows/movies to enjoy offline streaming.
Premium channel subscriptions are available as an add-on for Amazon Prime customers, and you can easily manage them from one dashboard. From the same dashboard, you can change your payment method and subscribe to other channels. Before canceling a channel, here are some notes regarding the channels on Amazon Prime:
- Amazon Prime Video Channel cancellation does not cancel Amazon Prime subscription. You can access the settings for your Amazon Prime membership to check, change, or cancel your subscription.
- The only account with access to premium channels is the one used to purchase Amazon Prime. Shared accounts and Amazon Household accounts do not support access to subscribed channels. To access Amazon Prime Video content, including premium channels, on devices, you must use your primary account.
- If you cancel Amazon Prime, your subscriptions to channels are also canceled. After canceling Amazon Prime, you will no longer be charged for channel subscriptions.
- Subscriptions to the channels are invoiced monthly and are non-refundable. When you cancel a channel, you will not receive a refund. However, you can continue to watch the channel until its termination date.
- The termination date of your subscription is displayed on the confirmation screen. You can reverse your cancellation until the specified date. The cancellation of a subscription does not result in a return of any previously charged subscription fees.
- If you pay for your Prime Video Channel membership through Apple, you must cancel at least 24 hours prior to the renewal date, or you will be charged.
Furthermore, there is also the "Account & Settings" tab that contains several other advanced features that may be useful, such as:
- Toggle autoplay on and off.
- Add a PIN to your Prime Video account to approve transactions and bypass Parental Controls.
- Customize how subtitles look on all of your registered devices with the Subtitle Presets.
- Register a new device or remove an already approved device.
- Your Viewing History: To see things viewed with a different profile, you must switch to that particular profile.
- Titles that you have hidden: Hidden videos will not be recommended in the future, but they will still be displayed in search results.
Section 2: How to Cancel HBO on Amazon?
You can cancel channels via the "Membership & subscriptions" page. On the "Memberships & subscriptions" page, you can see all your subscription lists. You can sort your subscriptions by "Featured", "Renewal Date" (in either chronological or reverse chronological order), or alphabetically by title. There is also a search bar, allowing you to search the subscription easily.
This page will include all of your subscriptions, including the name and description of the service, the renewal date, and a link to your payment history. If your Prime membership is being used to pay for the service, this will be highlighted. If you choose to adjust the payment method for Prime, a link will be displayed.
2.1 How to Cancel HBO on Amazon From PC
If you are using a PC, whether it is Windows, Mac, or Linux, As we mentioned earlier, You can cancel your subscription via the "Memberships & subscriptions" page. Here are the steps that you can follow to cancel HBO on Amazon.
- Firstly, open your web browser and go to the Amazon Prime website.
- After that, log in with your Amazon credentials and navigate to the "Your Account" section.
- Next, from "Your Account" section, click the "Prime Video Channels" menu under the "Memberships and subscriptions" category.
- At this point, you should be on the "Manage Your Prime Video Channels" page. Scroll down to the Prime Video Channels section.
- Click the "Cancel Channel" option on the "HBO" channel.
- After that, you will have several options. You can choose to get a reminder a few days before the membership renews with the "Remind me 3 days before renewal" button, allowing you to decide at that time if you really want the subscription to continue or not.
Alternately, you can choose to disable auto-renewal with the "Turn off auto-renew and watch until (date)" button. You will still be able to view the show or channel until the end date of the subscription. Finally, you can select the "Cancel now" button and receive a refund by canceling your membership instantly.
There is also another way of canceling your channel subscription.
- Instead of choosing the "Cancel Subscription" button, choose the "Video Settings" button.
- Select the "Channels" tab under "Account & Settings" to get a list of your channels. Then, click the "Cancel Channel" option to the right of the selected channel.
2.2 How to Cancel HBO on Amazon From Smartphone
These steps apply on Android and iOS smartphones with the Amazon app installed.
- Firstly, open the Amazon app on your smartphone.
- After that, at the top bar, select the second icon from the left (user icon).
- Then, navigate to the "Your Account" menu.
- Under "Your Account" settings, select the "Memberships & Subscriptions" menu.
- At this point, You will see the page where you can manage your subscription. The page is also similar to the website page.
- You can now click the "Cancel Subscription" button next to the on the right side of the "HBO" channel. For this example, we are using the SHOWTIME channel.
- Choose the "Cancel now and get a refund" button.
2.3 How to Cancel HBO on Amazon From PS4
Make sure your PS4 is updated to the latest version in order to use the browser app.
- Navigate and select the "Internet Browser" app.
- After that, enter the Amazon Prime URL on the top bar.
- Log in with your Amazon credentials to continue.
- Then, from the "Your Account" section, click the "Prime Video Channels" menu in the "Memberships and subscriptions" category.
- You should see your Prime channel list, select the "HBO" channel and click the "Cancel Channel" option.
- Finally, click the "Cancel now and get a refund" button to unsubscribe from the "HBO" channel. If you change your mind, you can click the "Keep subscription" button.
Note: As of September 15, 2021, HBO is no longer available as a subscription through Amazon Prime Video Channels.
Section 3: Downloading Amazon Videos
If you are canceling HBO channels because you cannot download from Amazon Prime on PC, we have a solution for you. You might not need to cancel your HBO from Amazon Prime. To download videos from Amazon Prime, you can use a downloader like StreamFab Amazon Downloader.
StreamFab is software that you can use to download from many streaming services such as Netflix, Disney Plus, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and more. One of the StreamFab products is StreamFab Amazon Downloader, which can be used to download from Amazon Prime. Here are the steps to use the StreamFab Amazon Downloader.
- After that, open the downloaded file to begin the installation process. At first, the installer will download some files before beginning the installation process.
- When the installation process is done, launch the StreamFab Amazon Downloader.
- Then, on the left side, select the "VIP Services" menu, and you should see a list of cards. Choose the Amazon card from the list.
- At this point, You should be at the Amazon page. Log in with your credentials to continue.
- After logging in, find the video that you like to download and allow it to play.
- After that, you should see the "Analyzing video URL…" message, then a pop-up of a list of episodes will appear. After selecting the episodes, you can click the "Download Now" button to begin the download process.
- To see the downloading videos, you can click on the "Downloading" tab on the left sidebar. After the download process finish, the videos will appear in the "Downloaded" tab, and you can directly play them by clicking the play icon. You can also go to the file location by clicking the folder icon.
Section 4: FAQS
- Why Can't I Find A Particular Channel on Prime Video?
Prime Video provides several channels in each country. Therefore, you can only subscribe to channels that are available in your location. Otherwise, it is possible that the channel is no longer available on Prime Video Channels like HBO.
- Can I Enjoy Prime Channels Without a Prime Video Subscription?
Even if your Prime membership has expired, your channel subscription will remain active until the end of the billing cycle. However, you need a Prime Video account to subscribe to a channel.
- How Many Channels Available in Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime has over 150 channels available.
- Are There Free Channels on Amazon Prime?
Although other Prime Video channels have a monthly fee, the ad-supported IMDb TV channel provides free access to a variety of series and movies. Popular films, including "Ghostbusters" (1984) and "How to Train Your Dragon" (2010), as well as binge-worthy programs like "Lost" and "Kitchen Nightmares", are available on the channel.
The channel also includes original shows, such as "The IMDb Show", so that viewers may learn more about famous films. However, IMDb TV comes with commercials because it is free.
- Does the Channel From Prime Video Cost Differently From the Standalone Subscription?
No, the price of a streaming service, for example, MUBI, remains the same regardless of whether you subscribe through the Prime Video app or the standalone app. In certain situations, extra discounts are available when subscribing to a standalone streaming service. However, the offer may vary by country and will not always be accessible. Prime Video offers extra content, simplicity of use, and compatibility for many devices.
Amazon Prime is one of the most popular subscription services. It offers many services, and Amazon Prime Video is one of the most used Amazon Prime services. With Amazon Prime Video, you can watch thousands of TV shows and movies. Besides that, Amazon Prime Video also offers channels which is a monthly subscription that you can add to an existing Amazon Prime or Prime Video membership.
If you want to cancel a channel from Amazon Prime, you can do it from the "Membership & subscriptions" page. If you are canceling because you can't download Amazon videos from a PC, You can try the Amazon Downloader we mentioned above. And then you can reconsider whether you want to cancel or not.