Table of contents>
Amazon Prime Video, or simply Prime Video, is one of the over-the-top streaming services. As a fan of Amazon Prime videos, have you ever had the experience of disconnecting from the Internet but still thirsting for prime videos to kill time? Thankfully, Amazon Prime Video offers the option of offline viewing through the Amazon Prime Video App. Also, you can use some third-party apps with more functions to download Amazon Prime videos for offline viewing. This can be very handy for long flights or other times you might not have WiFi to stream your movies.
Yes, you definitely can! Amazon Prime offers the option of offline viewing through the Amazon Prime Video App. For Windows PC users, Amazon Prime Video (Windows 10 App) is available in 2020. For Mac users, you may have found that you couldn’t download Prime Video App on laptops before November 16, 2021. Happily, from that day on, Amazon supported the Prime Video app for macOS, which can be downloaded free of charge in the MAC app store. So, both mac users and Windows users can download movies from amazon to your pcs in an official way. You even have more choices, such as downloading Amazon movies on the laptop using third-party apps, which are usually more feature-rich.
Two ways to download amazon prime movies to pc will be introduced. One is through the official app. The other is through a third-party app: StreamFab Downloader.
This is the official way for you to download Amazon content. (Notice: not all movies can be downloaded for Prime members. Many movies need you to rent or buy before being downloaded. How to download purchased or rental movies will be introduced in the latter part of this passage. Here we introduced how to download Amazon Prime videos included with Prime.)
Steps to follow:
1. Open Microsoft Store or Apple’s App Store and install the Prime Video app on your PC.
2. Launch Amazon Prime Video App and log in with your account.
3. Tap a video of your choice after scrolling through pages of movies included with Prime.
4. In the video details, tap Download.
5. Under Download Options, choose among four different files sizes:
Best: 1 hour of video uses approximately 0.46 GB of data and storage.
Better: 1 hour of video uses approximately 0.33 GB of data and storage.
Good: 1 hour of video uses approximately 0.27 GB of data and storage.
Data Saver: 1 hour of video uses approximately 0.14 GB of data and storage.
6. After the download is complete and you’re ready to watch, tap Complete. Then tap” Take me to the downloads page”. (If you want to watch it later, you can tap the hamburger menu on the homepage and then tap Downloads in the left column.)
A brand, StreamFab, specializes in giving you a resolution variety when you download audio and video files in order to solve the problem of downloading content from Amazon Prime and other video sites.
StreamFab Amazon Downloader is designed exclusively to download high-quality Amazon Prime movies and TV shows, with video files up to 1080p and EAC3 5.1 audio tracks, providing you with the most efficient way to download Amazon videos in MP4 format.
So how to use StreamFab Amazon Downloader?
Steps to follow:
1. Install and download the StreamFab Downloader in Windows/Mac version.
2. Launch the StreamFab Downloader.
3. Click the “VIP Service” on the left column>click the Amazon streaming platform on right.
4. Launch in your Amazon Prime Video account >Search for the movie or series included with Amazon Prime Video you want to download
5. Downloading movies of Amazon Prime Video.
You need to play back the video as usual. When the playback begins, a popup window shall show up asking you whether you would like to download the video immediately or add it to the download task queue and manually start to download it at a later time.
Many of you have known that some movies are not available without purchasing or renting on Prime Video.
Before I introduce the ways to download purchased movies from amazon to your computer, something important needs to be noticed, as this may affect your final choice between the methods introduced. Next are Amazon Prime video rules for purchased videos and rental videos.
For rental videos, when a download option is available, you may temporarily download videos you rent to one compatible download device. This means once you have downloaded a rental video to a compatible download device, you may not download that video to another device or simultaneously watch it on more than one device using the same Amazon account. After renting a video, you'll typically have 48 hours to finish watching the video once you have commenced streaming or downloading, and you must finish watching the video prior to the expiration time, which is typically 30 days from your payment of the rental fee.
For purchased movies or shows, when a download option is available, you may download videos you purchase to four compatible download devices and you may watch and re-watch your purchased videos as often as you want and as long as you want.
Assuming that you’ve already purchased or rented a movie or a TV program, how can you download these videos? Also, there are two ways: via the official app or a third-party app.
Begin the download process on a supported device:
1. Open the Prime Video app on your device
2. Tap the hamburger menu, represented as 3 horizontal lines, then tap Video Library.
3. Tap your desired video that has been purchased or rented.
4. Tap Download from the menu on the right.
5. To find the downloaded videos, tap the hamburger menu on the homepage. And then tap “Downloads” in the left column.
Cons of this method:
1. For rental movies, downloads expire after a period of time.
2. The number of download devices is limited.
All steps are similar to those of the above-introduced method 2 : Use StreamFab Amazon Downloader to download Amazon movies on laptop, except step 4.
Step1: Install and download the StreamFab Downloader in Windows/Mac version.
Step2: Launch the StreamFab Downloader.
Step3: Click the “VIP Service” on the left column>click the Amazon streaming platform on right.
Step4: Launch in your Amazon Prime Video account > Tap the hamburger menu, represented as 3 horizontal lines.> Tap Video Library to choose the videos you’ve purchased or tented.
Step5: Download movies on Amazon Prime Video. You need to play back the video as usual. When the playback begins, a popup window shall show up asking you whether you would like to download the video immediately or add it to the download task queue and manually start to download it at a later time
Pros of this method:
1. No download expiration time. You can save downloaded purchased and rental movies forever.
2. Download videos in MP4 format, which are compatible with most players. You can send the file to any of your devices.
3. Download videos in 1080p and EAC3 5.1 audio tracks.
4. Ad-free during the download process.
5. Select audio and subtitles according to users' language.
6. Save Subtitles as SRT Files or remux directly into videos
7. Batch download and fast speed.
In this article, two methods have been introduced to download Amazon Prime movies to pc. The Prime Video app supports the function of downloading videos for offline watching for Mac and Windows users, so you can download videos on the official app. But bear in mind that not all videos can be downloaded. And downloaded rental videos expire after 30 days and you'll typically have 48 hours to finish watching the video once you have commenced downloading. If you can’t bear these features, you can choose a third-party app: StreamFab Amazon Downloader, which allows you to download all videos included with Amazon Prime. And downloaded rental and purchased Amazon movies can be saved forever in MP4 format. This app has a free trial version. If you are interested in it, you can have a free try.