No more difficulties in downloading content from Amazon Prime on Roku. We will show you A to Z about streaming Amazon Prime on Roku, even without Roku.
Roku has recently become one of the most popular streaming devices. While Amazon Prime Video is well known as a streaming platform that provides various fascinating things to watch.
Now, you might wonder, is there an Amazon Roku app? Is Amazon Prime available to watch on Roku? Check this article on how you can access Amazon Prime on Roku.
Section 1: Does Roku Have Amazon Prime?
As a video streaming platform, Amazon Prime Video provides best 4K movies and various fascinating things to watch. In just 16 years, its subscriber base grew rapidly, and now its service can be enjoyed worldwide. Nowadays, most Android and iOS smartphones and tablets support Amazon Prime. Besides, Amazon Prime is also available on desktop browsers, connected devices, and smart TVs.
Then, what if your device is Roku? Can you watch Amazon Prime on Roku? Does Roku have Amazon Prime? Yes, enjoying Amazon Prime on Roku is doable. Roku TVs have excellent quality, with some reasonable screen sizes for a minimum budget.
They offer an amazing operating system with all of the apps you could want, as well as some very impressive picture resolution from the Roku TVs. So, is there an Amazon Roku app to stream Amazon Prime on Roku devices? Absolutely yes.
Section 2: Amazon Roku App: Guides for Amazon Prime on Roku
Do you want to satiate your binge-watching desire by watching Amazon Prime on Roku with your friends? Or perhaps you just purchased a Roku device? Now you must be wondering what you can do to manage the situation. No problem, you can have the Prime Video app on your Roku device easily.
2.1 How to Get Prime Video on Roku?
Can you get Amazon Prime on Roku? Yes, there are two ways to get Prime Video on Roku. The first option is to install the app manually from the Roku interface. The procedure for downloading Prime Video on Roku is provided below.
- Using your Roku remote, press the "Home" button.
- On the left side of the screen, choose "Streaming Channels".
- You will be redirected to the Roku Channel Store. There, you can find several categories with multiple apps listed. Go over to the "Streaming Channel" section of the screen.
- Using the displayed on-screen keyboard, type Amazon Prime Video on the search bar, then click on the icon when you find it.
- On the right side of the screen, click "Add Channel". There will also be information displayed about the Amazon Prime Video channel.
- The system will start the app download process and automatically install Amazon Prime Video.
- If all the process is successfully done, the channel should now be visible alongside the rest of your subscriptions.
If you already have the app installed on your Roku device, all you have to do now is go over to the homepage, select the Amazon Prime Video icon, log in to your account, and start watching your favorite content.
If the first approach fails, there is a second option. Instead of accessing the Roku interface, you can simply do it all from the website. Follow the instructions below to install the Amazon Prime Video app.
- Go to the Roku website.
- Type "Prime Video" and tap "Add Channel".
- You'll be directed to the Roku login page. You must first log in to your Roku account and authorize the channel installation. Your Roku device will immediately download and install the Prime Video.
- Prime Video will appear on your Roku home screen after the installation is complete.
Besides those, there is also a third option you can do to get Prime Video on your Roku. However, this way is possible only if you have Prime Video already on your phone. Namely, Android or iOS devices. Let's see the steps below.
- Open the Roku app on your mobile phone. Before that, make sure that your phone and your Roku device are connected to the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Get to the bottom of the page and tap the "Channels" menu.
- Use the on-screen keys to search for Prime Video in the Channel Store tab.
- To learn more about Prime Video, tap on the channel icon.
- Finally, select "Add Channel" to allow Prime Video to download to your Roku TV.
- Roku will be refreshed after installation. The Prime Video app can be found by scrolling down the home screen.
2.2 How to Utilize Prime Video on Roku?
Now, if you already have Prime Video on your Roku, let's explore the app to start streaming on Roku.
- On your Roku remote, press "Home".
- Pick the Prime Video from the main screen.
- Then the system will require you to log in or sign up first.
- Here you are, you can now begin streaming any of your favorite content on Prime Video.
2.3 How to Update Prime Video on Roku?
These are the steps to check for software updates.
- Select "Settings" from the drop-down menu by pressing the "Home" button on your Roku remote.
- After selecting "System", look for the "System Update" option.
- Select "Check Now" to manually check for updates.
- If a Prime Video update is available, your Roku device will automatically download and install it.
- Your Roku device will restart after the process is completed.
2.4 How to Cancel Prime Video on Roku?
How to cancel Prime Video on Roku? Keep in mind that you cannot just uninstall Prime Video from Roku when you feel that the subscription is no longer necessary. You still need to cancel your Amazon Prime Video subscription first before uninstalling Prime Video app. You won't want the bill to keep going on just because you forgot to cancel the subscription before uninstalling the app.
Ensure that your subscription is charged to your Roku account. Otherwise, you won't be able to remove anything on your Roku device, and you must notify your provider to cancel. Anyway, in case it is charged to your Roku account, canceling it is simple, and here are the procedures to follow.
The first option to cancel your Prime Video subscription is through the web browser. Follow the steps below on how to cancel Prime Video on Roku with the first method.
- Log in to your Roku account on the Roku website.
- From the drop-down menu, select "Manage your subscriptions".
- You'll get a list of all your Roku-billed channel subscriptions once the "My subscriptions" page loads. You'll also see the terms, status, and date of renewal.
- Find the channel in "Active Subscriptions" and simply tap "Cancel Subscription".
- To finish the process, choose the cancellation reason.
The second way to cancel your subscription is from your Roku device. Below are the steps to cancel Prime Video on Roku through the device.
- On your Roku remote, press the "Home" button.
- The channel grid will be shown. Use the arrow pad on your remote to navigate the channel grid. After that, select the Prime Video channel icon. Then click the "Star" button on your remote.
- There is another option. Select "Streaming Channels" from the drop-down option if you're opening it from the channel shop. Browse by category or genre or search for "Prime Video". Then push the "OK" button on your remote.
- Go to "Manage subscription," and you can view the renewal date and get more information there.
- Tap "Cancel Subscription" to end your subscription. Then you must decide whether to delete the channel immediately or maintain it for the remainder of your billing period.
- Click "Done". And you've now successfully canceled your subscription.
2.5 How to Uninstall Prime Video on Roku?
Follow the steps below to uninstall the Prime Video app from your Roku device.
- Press the "Home" button on your Roku remote.
- Slide to the right section and highlight the Prime Video icon using the arrow pad on the remote.
- To access the settings menu, hit the "Star" button on your remote.
- Finally, click "Remove channel" and confirm your decision.
- At this point, Prime Video should be removed from your Roku device.
Section 3: Why is Amazon Prime Video Not Working on Roku
Yes, rumor has it that the Amazon Prime Video app is no longer accessible on Roku devices. Let us confirm the news with you. Specifically, it is just applied to some Roku models. Namely, 3500X, 2710X, 2720X, 2700X, 3050X, 3100X, 2400X, 3000X, 2500X, 2450X, 3400X, and 3420X.
If your device is one of those, then as of November 1st, 2021, your device is not compatible anymore. It means you can not update your Amazon Prime on your device.
However, it is not a dead end. You can always have Amazon Prime on your hand. Roku makes it possible for their customer to purchase a new Roku device at a discount. You can go to the Roku homepage to find out what model to replace your old one.
No worries, the Roku Amazon Prime Video app works with all current Roku models. With a newer device, you will surely get a better user experience in watching your favorite series and movies on the Amazon Prime Video app.
In case your Roku is the latest model, but you still find the Amazon Prime Video not working on Roku, you can also try the steps below.
- Check your internet connection. Slow internet connections might sometimes prevent the Roku device from working properly. If this happens, check your internet connection to see if you have adequate speed to run Amazon Prime on Roku.
- Restart your Roku device. Restarting is perhaps the most basic answer for most electronic gadget problems. This method is simple and often reveals the flaws and bugs that are causing the problem.
- Update the Amazon Prime Video app to the latest version. Technically, all Roku devices are designed to always run the latest version of the software. Every 24-36 hours, the Roku device will randomly check to see whether a new update is available for download or not. This process is usually performed anytime the Roku device is turned on or during the initial setup. However, you can also check for updates on your own. You can find the steps above.
- In case you're using a VPN for streaming, disable the VPN on your Roku device for a moment. Amazon Prime offers geo-restricted content. That's why Amazon does not allow VPNs since they hide your IP address.
- Check the Prime Video account to see whether your subscription is still active and if you didn't forget to renew it.
- Reinstall the Prime Video app on your Roku device. This will clear the cache, update the firmware, and fix the issues.
- Contact Roku Customer Support. You can see the frequently asked question there and match your concern with the list of issues on the Roku Support Page. If you think that you need more help, click the "Need More Help" button and then choose the "Email" option. Fill out the form and describe your problem in detail.
Section 4: How to Watch Amazon Prime Video Without Roku
Basically, streaming requires an internet connection, regardless of the streaming device. But what if you want to watch Prime Video without Roku or even without an internet connection? You will need a downloader. One of the best is StreamFab Amazon Downloader. This downloader is widely used by people as it makes downloading and watching digital media much easier.
- No need to copy video URLs because it will detect the video on its own.
- The downloaded files will be ad-free.
- Excellent download speed, and you can download many videos in a batch.
- Select the audio language and add subtitles in various languages.
- You can either download the subtitles as SRT files or remux them directly into the video.
- It saves the metadata information from the video, and you will have a well-organized media library.
- The downloaded videos are in high definition with excellent audio quality.
- The downloaded files will be saved in the MP4/MKV format, which can be played on nearly any device.
4.1 How to Utilize this Amazon Prime Video Downloader?
- Firstly, get the StreamFab Amazon Downloader by downloading the installer.
- Then launch the installer and click the "Click to Install" option to begin the installation procedure.
- Connect to your internet network and then select the "Authorize" option. The StreamFab Member Center will open.
- Enter your registered email address and password. After that, click "Login".
- If all of the information you entered is correct, the "Device Authorized" message will appear. The OK button can then be used to close the window.
- Finally, on the left panel, click "VIP Services" to go to the Amazon Prime homepage.
4.2 How to Download Amazon Prime Video Content Using StreamFab Amazon Downloader?
You can follow the steps below to watch Amazon Prime Video content without Roku.
- To get started, double-click the StreamFab icon on your desktop.
- Select "VIP Services" on the left side of the screen. After that, select the "Amazon Prime" icon.
- You will be directed to Amazon Prime Video's website.
- Find the title you'd like to save on your device. As soon as you start playing a video, Amazon Video Downloader will detect it as the video you want to download.
- The metadata and URL will be automatically accessed by this Amazon Prime video downloader. When the analysis is finished, a pop-up window with audio and subtitle options will appear.
- After adjusting your preferences, proceed to "Download".
- The downloading procedure will begin. Go to the "Downloaded" tab on the left side of the page to find your downloaded videos.
It can be challenging to find the correct tool to download a video from your favorite streaming service on a certain streaming device, such as Amazon. No worries, go with StreamFab Amazon Downloader.
It's simple and easy to use. You don't need any special skills to use it. With it, you can watch Amazon Prime Video content on devices other than Roku and even without the internet.